Each month, Sift. Shift. Lift. introduces you to the work of academics, artists and activists digging up forgotten, and often horrible, histories, and then bringing them into the light. Engaging your head, your heart and your hands in the struggle, one wicked problem at a time.
Curious? Here’s what to expect if you sign up for Sift. Shift. Lift.
- We’ll sift through the layers of confusion (or propaganda) to get to the root of each month’s topic. The newsletter features a curated list of links to credible sources for those who want to dig deep.
- We’ll check out art and artists whose work helps shift awareness and assumptions about the issue or historical event in question. Expect to see work by visual artists, filmmakers, playwrights, musicians and storytellers working in myriad genres.
- Finally, we’ll consider what we can do to lift up those individuals or organizations striving to transform themselves and our world through compassionate action.
Interested? Then sign up now. Please. We’ll email each issue to you. (You may even win a prize.)
Not ready to subscribe? That’s okay. You can check out past issues like these anytime online. No subscription required.
- May 2021: The year without a summer
- April 2021: Sunday, Bloody Sunday
- March 2021: Have you heard about the Jeju uprising?
- February 2021: What can we learn from the Spanish flu?
- January 2021: Urban renewal in Canada: the destruction of Africville and Hogan’s Alley
- November 2020: The history and legacy of the Holodomor
The next issue of Sift. Shift. Lift. is coming soon. Watch for it on June 5, 2021.