Storyteller. Poet. Essayist.
I read, write and drink coffee (a lot of coffee) on Canada’s west coast, on the unceded traditional territory of the Songhees and Esquimalt First Nations. Culture, place and identity are prevalent themes in my work, which has been published in the Globe & Mail, The Fem, The Timberline Review, Plenitude Magazine and Peacock Journal among other print and online publications. In 2016, I was awarded the 18th annual Writing for Children Award for best picture book manuscript by CANSCAIP and the Writer’s Union of Canada. I am currently writing a novel about the Holodomor.
Thanks for visiting my cozy corner of the web. I hope you make yourself at home.
- Read samples of my writing in Publications and on my blog.
- Cheer me on as I race to get 100 rejections in 2017.
- See what is on my bookshelf.
- Listen to my music playlists.
- Find out what makes me tick.
- And, if you feel like it, you can follow me on twitter (@shelley_motz) and instagram (shelley_motz_writer).